How to Enrol
OPEN DAY AND SCHOOL TOURS for 2022
Thursday 12 May 2022 - 9am-11am and 4pm-6pm
Tuesday 17 May 2022 - 9am-11am
You can now enrol online, through the online enrolment link:
To complete the application form, you will need to upload the following information. Original documents will need to be presented at the time of interview.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport.
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable).
- Student’s immunisation records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable).
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments).
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s)
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
- Proof of residential address, such as rates notice, electricity, water or telephone bill
Submission of an application does not guarantee a place in your school of choice. An offer for your first choice of ACT Catholic Primary school will depend on your priority enrolment area.
A non-refundable application fee of $50 applies to ACT Primary Schools upon submission.
The school will be in contact with you to discuss your application. If an offer of a place is provided, parents/legal guardians will be required to sign a statement of obligation.
ACT ENROLMENT PERIOD
Parents enrolling their children in a Catholic school in the ACT for the following year are asked to complete an official enrolment form before the end of May. Applications received after the due date can only be considered if vacancies still exist.
SCHOOL TERM DATES 2023
|2023||Term Begins||Term Ends|
|Term 1||30 January||6 April|
|Term 2||24 April||30 June|
|Term 3||17 July||22 September|
|Term 4||9 October||15 December|
Policies and Documents
The following hierarchy of priorities has been established for the consideration of enrolment applications at each school when enrolment applications exceed available spaces.
- Baptised Catholic children who are members of the designated local parish communities.
- Siblings of children already attending the primary school.
- Baptised Catholic children from other parishes who cannot obtain places in their local parish primary school.
- Baptised Catholic children whose parents/guardians seek to enrol them in a parish primary school outside their own parish but who can obtain places in their own parish primary school.
- Non-Catholic children whose parents/guardians desire and are committed to a Catholic education.
Early Learning Centre (ELC)
Our local Early Learning Centre is located at St Thomas Aquinas in West Belconnen.
Children who are turning four (4) before 30 April and:
- are baptised Catholic who are resident in the Parish, with siblings who attend a Catholic System primary school in the Parish.
- have siblings who attend a Catholic System primary school in the Parish.
- are a baptised Catholic resident in the Parish.
- are a baptised Catholic resident in a Parish of the Region.
- have siblings who attend a Catholic System primary school in the Region.
- are a baptised Catholic and resident outside the Region.
- whose families support the mission and ethos of Catholic education.
All children who attend a Catholic ELC will be given preference for Kindergarten enrolment at a Catholic primary school.